RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Open to persons 16 years of age or older. If they are married they must be in a valid union, or be eligible for validation before the Easter Vigil. If a former marriage required an annulment the person cannot enter the program until the annulment has been granted.
- The inquiry sessions will run year long and begin when the person joins. These sessions are to prepare candidates for reception into the Church at the Easter Vigil. Attendance is mandatory.
- The candidate must also have a sponsor who is a practicing Catholic and who has received all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Reconciliation, Communion). This sponsor will be required to attend the same sessions as their candidate.
- Any person baptized in the Catholic church who has not received previous sacramental instruction or who has been baptized in another Christian faith, or who belongs to a non-Christian Church is eligible for this program.
- Persons can be accepted into the Inquiry stage at any time during the year.
Our RCIA Directors are Paula Campeau and Elizabeth Ionson. They can be reached at 705-991-1129 and 705-292-8961 respectively.